Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-04-18

Grab Your Scissors and Say Thank You!

There's no better time than now to say thank you to someone special...
How about expressing your gratitude through paper & paints...?



This layout is a special one for me...
The picture in the project is from a necklace or rather a pendant I got from a scrappy friend Cathi O'Neill. Ever since I received this beauty in the mail, it has been constantly hanging around my neck. It's my favorite piece of jewelry and makes me cherish and realize how grateful I must be for having such amazing friends.
So this project is a celebration of friendship and people with same interests!

 
I used warm, neutral color scheme on the papers but made the piece really shine by using golden acrylic paint in the background.


To give it a bit steampunk treatment I stamped a 3rd Eye cog stamp onto the wet paint and then added alcohol inks to the surface.
To match the wooden embellishments with the palette I colored them with Pitt pens. Touches of yellow pigment make the layout even more glimmering.


Lastly, I must say that I got to choose the image for the pendant myself.
When I saw the picture of a crow, it was love at first sight. I've always thought crows and ravens are beautiful and mystical creatures. So I guess the crow in the pendant makes it even more special.


Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, Cathi!

Materials from Mixed Media Place:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.