Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-11-07

Mixing it up

What's your main inspiration when it comes to creating?
Do you have your favourites that you begin with?
Check out Fran's inspiration behind her coloured card.

 
Hi Mixed Media sweeties,

Winter is back! With the dark nights, dreary days and general dullness I wanted to brighten up the winter days. Inspiration for this card was to make something that was texturally rich and colourful whilst being resourceful. Mixing bold & bright colours is very uplifting. Adding different textures, great embellishments is something that I find irresistable to work with. Do you always have a colours or elements that call to you? One of mine is orange, blue, mixed with denim and cardboard. Love!


 I have also, as I quite often do, recycled bits and pieces off my workspace to create this card; a denim circle, bubble wrap, acetate and lace. 


For the background I blended a selection of Distress inks which I stenciled over with Chicken Wire and Dots & Stripes stencils with black and Broken China blue ink. I mixed 3D gel with orange paint and gave a final textured layer to the card. Layering stencils is a great way to create backgrounds and interest to projects.


I painted a chipboard star with crackle paint and highlighted with ink once dry, then decorated with Mechanicals embellishments.  


What are your favourite uplifting colour schemes? Let us know!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a creative day.
Fran xx

Products from Mixed Media Place:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.