Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-05-03

Mixed-media binder by Ola Khomenok




Hello dears!

It's Ola here. Today I would like to show you how to create a binder from scratch, with sea themed Mixed Media cover.



First I cut 3 pieces of heavy weight chipboard:

2 pieces -  9.1/2"x8.1/2"
1 piece – 9.1/2"x2"

Then I connected all pieces with fabric adhesive tape, wrapped with thin cotton fabric and covered with fluid gesso. To create the texture, I made some waves on fabric, used pieces of lace, applied Stone Effect Pumice paste and added modeling paste through stencil.

I colored the cover surface using Lindy's mists, and embellishments with Art Alchemy Metallique and Sparks paints.

After the outer side of the cover was ready, I covered the inner side with 7 Dots Studio papers (Cotton Candy Dreams – Cloud Watching and Illumination – Tolerance), and attached the ring binder.

You welcome to watch the tutorial, again with my voice instructions. It's a little bit long video (28 minutes) and I'm sorry for this. But all steps seemed important to me, so I couldn't shorten more.

















My video tutorial:





Mixed Media Place supplies:

9 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.